Sunday, October 14, 2012

Preparedness



The Native Americans painted their bodies and wore their best clothes to go into battle. They knew that they could die and wanted to look their best when facing the Great Spirit. I too need to prepare myself for my voyage to the other side, clearing my house of anything that might make my transition more difficult.

I start by forgiving my enemies, recognizing that my bad feelings towards them just make me unhappy and also recognizing that, like them, I am also not perfect. I forgive myself, realizing that I am doing my best, even if sometimes I get stuck in a place of anger and sorrow. I accept my body as it is, with its uniqueness, knowing that it was designed especially for me, and only for me, and it is just right for the tasks I need to do. I look at nature, the trees and the streams, the animals and the wind, the sun and the sky, and I embrace everything around me aware that we are all part of this beautiful world and are connected, at this minute, by an invisible thread of light. I accept my difficulties for they are here to challenge me and help me grow. I am thankful for all moments of happiness, for it is the laughter that always keeps me going when everything else fails. 

Thus prepared to embark on my journey to the other side, I am freer to enjoy my time in this life, without fear, regret, or blame. I am the master of my destiny, the skipper of my boat, my own best friend. With my thoughts of love, I can make a difference in this world while I walk peacefully, surrounded by the Divine light. 


Preparação

Os índios americanos pintavam seus corpos e usavam suas melhores roupas quando iam para a guerra. Sabiam que poderiam morrer e queriam estar bonitos quando encontrassem o Grande Espírito. Eu também preciso me preparar para a minha viagem para o outro lado, afastando da minha casa qualquer coisa que possa dificultar minha transição.

Começo por perdoar meus inimigos, reconhecendo que meu rancor contra eles só me deixa infeliz e reconhecendo também que, como eles, estou longe de ser perfeita. Em seguida eu me perdoo, admitindo que tento fazer o melhor possível, mesmo que às vezes me deixe levar pela raiva e pela tristeza. Aceito meu corpo como ele é, com sua singularidade, sabendo que foi preparado especialmente para mim, e só para mim, e é ideal para as tarefas que preciso desempenhar. Observo a natureza, as árvores e os rios, os animais, o vento, o sol e o céu, e abraço tudo ao meu redor, consciente de que tudo é parte deste mundo tão bonito e tudo se conecta, neste minuto, com um fio de luz invisível. Admito que as minhas dificuldades estão aqui para me desafiar e me ajudar a crescer. Sinto-me grata por todos os momentos de felicidade, pois é a alegria que sempre me faz seguir em frente quando todo o resto falha.

Assim preparada para embarcar na minha viagem para o outro lado, sinto-me mais livre para aproveitar meu tempo nesta vida, sem medo, culpa, ou arrependimento. Sou responsável pelo meu destino, sou quem escolhe a direção do meu próprio barco, sou minha melhor amiga. Envolta nesse manto de pensamentos positivos, posso fazer uma diferença neste mundo, enquanto caminho em paz, cercada pela luz divina.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Native American Prayer Meditation, by R. Carlos Nakai

FRIENDLY NOTE

My Brother

Nobody expects that you become a millionaire or a saint before the good enlightens your heart and guide your steps.

Sublime is a charity that turns into comfort.

Divine a charity that converts into radiant love.

From tiny seeds come the giant trees that sustain life.

Avoid talking about yourself.

Fulfill your duty without interfering with the tasks of others.

Do not look for praise while going about your obligations.

Do not get stuck to small things, when the overall good requires your collaboration.

Forgive offenses quietly...

(From the book "Our Book", by the Spirit Emmanuel, Francisco Cândido Xavier, posted first on the blog Alvorada Espiritual)


BILHETE AMIGO


Meu Irmão

Ninguém espera te transformes num milionário ou num santo para que o bem te ilumine o coração e dirija os passos.

Sublime é a caridade que se transforma em reconforto.

Divina é a caridade que se converte em amor irradiante.

De sementes minúsculas, procedem as árvores gigantescas que sustentam a vida.

Evita falar de ti mesmo.

Cumpre o dever que te cabe, sem intromissão nas tarefas alheias.

Não provoques o elogio no desempenho de tuas obrigações.

Não te prendas a ninharias, quando o benefício geral te reclame a colaboração.

Perdoa sem alarde as ofensas...

(Da obra "Nosso Livro", pelo Espírito Emmanuel, Francisco Cândido Xavier, postado antes no blog Alvorada Espiritual )

NATIVE AMERICAN WISDOM

“When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.”

Chief Aupumut, Mohican. 1725


SABEDORIA INDÍGINA AMERICANA

"Quando chegar sua hora de morrer, não seja como aqueles cujos corações estão cheios de medo da morte, então quando sua hora chega eles choram e rezam para que possam ter um pouco mais de tempo para viverem suas vidas novamente de uma forma diferente. Cante sua canção de morte, e morra como um herói indo para casa.”
Chief Aupumut, Moicano. 1725